Parents travelling on Ryanair can now take a buggy and car seat in the hold free of charge after the no-frills carrier unveiled a range of improvements aimed squarely at families travelling with young children.
Launched under the banner, Ryanair Family Extra, parents travelling with kids are now offered:
• Two free pieces of infant equipment (buggy, booster seat, car seat or travel cot, carried in the hold)
• 50% allocated seating discounts on children’s seats*
• 50% off checked-in bags for children*
• Discounted priority boarding*
• 50% off travel insurance for children
• Reduced infant fees (now just €20/£20)
• A free 5kg infant bag allowance
• Bottle warming and baby changing facilities on board
• Bringing an approved car seat on board when a seat is booked
• A Fly & Save bonus – get 20% off your third family flight when your family fly twice.
(*when also booked by an adult)
Ryanair’s chief marketing officer, Kenny Jacobs said: “As part of our Always Getting Better programme and our commitment to the continued improvement of our customer experience, Ryanair is delighted to launch Ryanair Family Extra, offering families a great range of discounts and an improved service for those travelling with children.”
Ryanair recently introduced allocated seating, a free second carry-on bag, reduced fees and a new website.
The airline has also produced a video explaining the changes, which you can watch below.